Chapter 3- Return to the Big Tank

A few days have past. I noticed the male and female in the breeding tank have stayed close. I decided to return them to the main tank. I will keep an eye to see if the female gives birth in the next 28-32 days- the fry will most likely belong to the male. As they grow I can start to see how the colour from each fish are passed onto their babies.

While the male and female were in the breeding tank, I added one more female and two males. The female is blue and has already had babies once and the two males are supposed to be Tequila Sunrise Guppies. I am pretty sure one of them is either a Candy Cane Guppy or a Tequila Sunset Guppy.

This is the guppy in question:
His body is very iridescent with a blue tone to it.

I now have 5 females and 3 males in the tank. I am going to keep them all together until the first female gives birth. I will see if isolating specific fish works, also if they interact enough in a large tan to mate successfully.

Until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 2: The First 6 Fish

Introduction

Chapter 1: The Tank Set Up